Thursday, November 06, 2008

Let Freedom Ring

I know after the election and all, everyone is all, "oh this country is so great". And feeling all emotional over our new president-elect. And so am I, but that's not what I mean.

I am speaking more of the personal freedom I have to make my own choices based on what I want. Too most people this is a no-brainer, but it wasn't for me. But I did learn, and I now have choices where before I didn't believe I did. I am no longer a victim to what happens to me, but responsible for what I do. The extreme gratitude I have for this freedom is unexplainable to those who haven't been where I've been, but take it from me it's huge.

As for erasers, yes I was speaking of math because in my job I get a 100 page EOB (explanation of benefits) with individual lines of payment for several clients over several invoice periods with a single total on the bottom. I can't export the information into Excel so I have to total by individual, and then by period and hopefully get the single total on the bottom. The calculator is only as precise as the data put in, and I do make mistakes, and I do use real erasers as I write in subtotals as I get them. I was also using it as an analogy (which was going to be my A because I love analogies) to my life. When I screw up, I can go stop, apologize, do what I can to fix it and move on.

1 comment:

Marcel said...

I liked what you said about "freedom" and it pleases me that you have found it.