Friday, November 14, 2008

One Day at a Time

N is for Nar-Anon, a 12 step program for the family and friends of addicts. This program gave me my life. The 12 steps give me the tools I need to maintain serenity, the meetings give me an opportunity to share experience, strength, and hope with others who have been where I have been. When I first joined the program I had hit my rock bottom, I did not believe that I could ever be happy. I found compassion, understanding, and support, I learned acceptance, courage, and gratitude for this I will always be grateful.

2 comments:

EZ Travel said...

I too am grateful for this program. I have not had to avail myself of its services, but it gave me my happy sister back and I am grateful for that.

Marcel said...

We all want only happy days for you from now on.